TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for an accountable and eager Operations Project Manager to join our team! If you are an experienced and well-rounded security professional, this may be a perfect opportunity for you to join a new and exciting project with us.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Establishes safety and security, goals, processes and plans in support of plant and corporate strategic directions both Securiguard and our clients
- Assist the client in the identification and management of security and related risks (including emergency response planning) to ensure best practices, business resilience, and the protection of personnel, infrastructure, and equipment including information security issues.
- The growth, development and support of each supervisor and security officer, ensuring that each member becomes a self-directed member of the team
- Assist in the provision of comprehensive, efficient, cost effective operational and tactical security service and strategic advice to our clients
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client and all stakeholders on site.
- Assist and lead teams with strategic advice during emergency situations
- Manage all employee relations – vacation/leave/day-off requests,
transfers, coaching, deportment reinforcement, discipline, recognition
- Maintain and develop post orders regarding Securiguard business as
well to our clients and relevant stakeholders. E.g environmental
response, truck inspections, Critical Risks, etc)
- Maintain scheduled training and competencies for all team members,
- The investigation of various site related issues such as: theft,
trespassing, contraband use, violating Site Absolutes, accidents etc
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as a manager in an operational setting combined with or in addition to working in the security industry or law enforcement preferred.
- Security professional with a proven management experience within the security industry, the public / police sector or armed services is an asset
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and managing recruitment of new members
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Career advancement opportunities
Comprehensive benefits package
Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!