BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of BC.
We're looking for dedicated, team-oriented members who thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and who are committed to providing exceptional guest service to our clients and guests. If you are interested in making a difference, earning some additional income, advancing your career and learning new skills or simply being part of the event experience, go to bcplace.com and apply.
Please note: Event Employees must be available to work BC Lion’s football games, high impact events (e.g., Rugby Sevens, Canada Soccer, and concerts), and some Vancouver Whitecaps soccer matches.
Ambassadors of BC Place, Event Security ensure the safety of the facility and its guests and play a key role in delivering on our mission “providing world renowned service in a safe, inviting dynamic environment that attracts world class exhibitions, sport and entertainment events.”
- Provide service excellence to clients, guests and BC Place team members;
- Be approachable by maintaining uniform standards, positive body language and energy;
- Be knowledgeable about BC Place, safety policies, guest services and event details;
- Create positive impressions, greeting and welcoming guests and providing pleasant departures;
- Be active and support service recovery issues;
- Practice proactive measures to manage crowds, prevent/diffuse the risk of confrontation, and monitor enforcement of responsible alcohol management;
- Ensure only authorized persons are permitted access to the building and or secure areas;
- Gain control of a resistive/assaultive subjects using physical force only as a last resort;
- Partner with in stadium police as appropriate;
- Respond to building emergencies, including guest- and facility-related emergencies, in a lead or supportive role;
- Assist with event evacuation should building evacuation be necessary;
- Investigate incidents as required, in such situations as injuries, damage to property, theft/loss and assault;
- Complete administrative duties as required including completing incident and eviction reports;
- Ensure scheduling and availability requirements are met as per policy;
- Follow BC Place policies and practices;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Valid BC Security Worker License with a Security Guard license type;
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional and courteous demeanor;
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and large crowds;
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to problem solve and provide service recovery;
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as well the ability to co-operate with others and work to the greater good is essential;
- Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry an asset;
- Mentally and physically able to deal with conflict situations and other assigned tasks including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, extended periods of standing and at times extensive walking from one location to another on concrete surfaces;
- Fluent in English with additional language(s) an asset.
- Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry and or working with the public an asset;
- Computer literate including the use of e-mail and navigating scheduling software;
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All employees may be required to perform other related duties from time to time to meet the needs of the organization.
How to Apply & Closing Date:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via the applications link on this job posting by 5pm, Thursday, January 18, 2018.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.