TPD has partnered up with the iconic BC Place Stadium, who are currently looking to add Ambassadors to the BC Place team. Event Security staff ensure the safety of the facility and its guests and play a key role in delivering on our mission “providing world renowned service in a safe, inviting dynamic environment that attracts world class exhibitions, sport and entertainment events.”
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
BC Place is the largest sports, exhibition and entertainment venue of its kind in British Columbia, hosting world-class entertainment events, professional and amateur sport, community gatherings and exhibitions in its stunning downtown location in Vancouver, British Columbia. BC Place is the home of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the BC Lions Football Club, the Canada Sevens and the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
Our team of 600+ employees is proud to have been instrumental in hosting some of the most memorable events in Canada, including:
- The Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- The FIFA Women's World Cup
- Multiple CFL Grey Cup Championships
- The 2014 NHL Heritage Classic
- Canada’s Men’s and Women’s National Soccer Team matches
- The Canada Sevens, part of the World Rugby Sevens Series
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League soccer (MLS) and the BC Lions Football Club of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
- Sold out concerts for Taylor Swift, AC/DC, Madonna, The Rolling Stones, and many more
It takes great people to host BC’s biggest and brightest events. We provide our team with industry-leading Service Excellence and Game Day Training to enable them to shine. At BC Place, you get to be part of a team that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment and takes true ownership in delivering exceptional, memorable experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide service excellence to clients, guests and BC Place team members;
- Be approachable by maintaining uniform standards, positive body language and energy;
- Be knowledgeable about BC Place, safety policies, guest services and event details;
- Create positive impressions, greeting and welcoming guests and providing pleasant departures;
- Be active and support service recovery issues;
- Practice proactive measures to manage crowds, prevent/diffuse the risk of confrontation, and monitor enforcement of responsible alcohol management;
- Ensure only authorized persons are permitted access to the building and or secure areas;
- Gain control of a resistive/assaultive subject using physical force only as a last resort;
- Partner with in stadium police as appropriate;
- Respond to building emergencies, including guest- and facility-related emergencies, in a lead or supportive role;
- Assist with event evacuation should building evacuation be necessary;
- Investigate incidents as required, in such situations as injuries, damage to property, theft/loss and assault;
- Complete administrative duties as required including completing incident and eviction reports;
- Ensure scheduling and availability requirements are met as per policy;
- Follow BC Place policies and practices;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Valid BC Security Worker License with a Security Guard license type;
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional and courteous demeanor;
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and large crowds;
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to problem solve and provide service recovery;
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as well the ability to co-operate with others and work to the greater good is essential;
- Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry an asset;
- Mentally and physically able to deal with conflict situations and other assigned tasks including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, extended periods of standing and at times extensive walking from one location to another on concrete surfaces;
- Fluent in English with additional language(s) an asset.
- Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry and or working with the public an asset;
- Computer literate including the use of e-mail and navigating scheduling software;
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends. Mon- Fri event shifts will start at 5:15pm.
- Must be able to work 80% of our anchor events (approx. 25 events per year).
- Physically fit and mentally able to handle assigned tasks and stressful situations including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, extensive walking and periods without sitting.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All employees may be required to perform other related duties from time to time to meet the needs of the organization.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.