BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of BC.
We're looking for dedicated, team-oriented members who thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and who are committed to providing exceptional guest service to our clients and guests. If you are interested in making a difference, earning some additional income, advancing your career and learning new skills or simply being part of the event experience, go to bcplace.com and apply.
Please note: Event Employees must be available to work BC Lion’s football games, high impact events (e.g., Rugby Sevens, Canada Soccer, and concerts), and some Vancouver Whitecaps soccer matches.
Ambassadors of BC Place, Event Housekeeping play a key role in delivering on our mission “providing world renowned service in a safe, inviting dynamic environment that attracts world class exhibitions, sport and entertainment events.”
- Provide service excellence to clients, guests and BC Place team members;
- Be approachable by maintaining uniform standards and positive body;
- Become knowledgeable about BC Place, safety policies, guest services and event details;
- Create positive impressions, acknowledging guests and providing pleasant departures;
- Be active and support service recovery issues and ensure health and safety policies and practices are always maintained;
- Ensure assigned area is event-ready for guest arrival;
- Building cleaning including floor, seating, stairs, washrooms, public areas, entrances and gates, suites, lounges, media areas, etc.;
- Waste and recycling collecting, sorting and removal;
- Observe stadium policies and procedures, WCB Safety and WHMIS Guidelines and Procedures;
- Ensure scheduling and availability responsibilities are maintained and adhered to via the Company’s online scheduling and service portal;
- Performing other Stadium duties/functions as assigned;
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Completion of Grade 12;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to providing service excellence;
- Ability to problem solve and provide service recovery;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as well the ability to co-operate with others and work to the greater good is essential;
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional and courteous demeanor;
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and large crowds;
- Mentally and physically able to deal with assigned tasks including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, extended periods of standing and at times extensive walking from one location to another on concrete surfaces;
- Computer literate with the ability to utilize BC Place employee service portal via internet or on-site kiosks;
- Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry and or working with the public an asset;
- Available to work evenings, overnights and weekends as required;
- Fluent in English, with additional language(s) an asset.
- Must be able to lift over 35 pounds
- Ability to work evenings and weekends. Mon- Fri event shifts will start at 5:15pm.
- Must be able to work 80% of our anchor events (approx. 25 events per year).
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All employees may be required to perform other related duties from time to time to meet the needs of the organization.
How to Apply & Closing Date:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via the applications link on this job posting by 5pm, Thursday, January 18, 2018.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men
including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.