TPD's client, a world re-known cosmetics brand, is looking for experienced Counter Managers for their stores at Vancouver International Airport. If you are bilingual in English and Mandarin, that would be a huge asset for the client.
If you or anyone you know has prior experience in similar capacity, please get in touch!
As a Counter Manager, you will manage the day to day operations while coaching, developing and motivating a team of consultants who together will maximize the sales at the client's stores at Vancouver airport, ensuring counter goal is met while the Brand’s image and requirements are upheld.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay, $21.42/hr + commissions
- Top location, at YVR
- Easily transit accessible
- Long term, management role with a world re-known brand
Your responsibilities as a Counter Manager would be,
- To provide every customer with the best possible service.
- To be professional at all times and offer help and advice to all customers.
Selling (ALWAYS lead by example):
- Ensure that Skin Profiles and MakeUp consultations are performed. To sell a minimum of two units per customer and train consultants to achieve same results per transaction.
- Ensure all customers are introduced to special Travel Retailing sets and promote new product launches.
- Implements and ensures execution of Client Registry at all doors where applicable.
- Be aware of overstock situations / products. This will enable you to suggest the overstock item during the course of the day through Skin Profiling and MakeUp consultations.
- Work closely with Account Coordinator to establish, evaluate, and adjust counter/account goal to drive consultants and build Brand sales.
- Manage incentive programs tracking consultant’s goals daily/weekly to ensure these goals are met and motivate consultants to overachieve their goals in order to meet individual goal and ultimately account/counter goal on a monthly basis.
- Read, understand and use information provided on the back of products, product literature, training literature provided at seminars.
- Utilize and reinforce sales techniques and product information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Account Coordinator to ensure counter needs from consultants requirements, collateral material to visual merchandising elements are provided and kept in good conditions.
- Must be able to develop excellent interpersonal relationship with management staff to ensure brand continuously grow. From increasing market share, to gain rankings.
- Advise all stock concerns to Account Coordinator and ASM, who in turn will work with the Regional Merchandising & Merchant offices for the account.
- Follow Planograms, Merchandising guidelines for each bay and display areas.
- Work with Retailer to transfer stock when necessary.
- Is in total control of inventory management. Must have complete control and knowledge of sku ranking per door and works to create/develop assortment per door. Must be able to communicate this with buyer and is present to assist in the preparation of monthly orders.
- Make sure selling area is spotless.
- Align merchandise in accordance to Brand Merchandising Guidelines.
- Maintenance list per store visit by location.
- Maintain promotional displays and counter cards.
- Rotate displays to attract consumers.
- Verifies overall condition of units to include counter, showcase, tester stand units and any collateral to ensure are always at best conditions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and area Management.
- Generate and show enthusiasm.
- Constantly upgrade selling techniques and sharing ideas on how to obtain sales objectives.
Knowledge of Competition:
- Be aware of all relevant competitive products and activity (communicate with ASM/AC during conference calls).
- Must be able to react to promotions generated by the competition and ensures that the brand benefits from the traffic generated by the competition’s promotion.
- Set Beauty Advisor schedules to ensure proper coverage during peak times. Inform Account Coordinator of any changes in traffic flow.
- Ensure all administration is completed accurately, legibly and on time.
- Analyses departmental trends and is aware of how the Brand is performing vs. the competition. Must also be able to provide explanation for such trend.
- Develops sales staff to be goal oriented through preparation of monthly sales targets, contests and general incentives.
- Ensure counter sales are obtained. Should always monitor counter sales, current sales trend, dept trends as well as being aware of each BA’s productivity.
- Creates events, contests and manages spiffs to ensure maximum sales potential and that goals are achieved each month.
- Participates during in-store execution of the main promotions, and then do an analysis of the outcome of the events and communicates through a report to the AC/ASM.
- Obtain retail sales reports / ranking information and maintains a sales evolution tracking report by door while providing explanation for performance.
- Ensure unit sales tracking, printing transactions for focus products/sales contests are done timely and accurately.
- Events Recaps, ensures reporting is done on a timely manner.
- Follow up on marketing calendar execution at counter.
- Must be able to access Account’s web page every week to see performance of brand and must be proactive to take action if goals are not being accomplished. This information must be communicated weekly.
- Must be an extension to the Education Department to ensure new Beauty Advisor’s are trained, current Beauty Advisor’s are reinforced product knowledge upon launches.
- Must ensure Beauty Advisor’s are utilizing all the training tools provide to maximize sales.
- Communicates Education needs of personnel involved in the servicing of the customer.
- Store visits should be prepared, and goals and priorities of visit should be defined beforehand. The visits themselves should be productive and constructive, and focus on a four tier approach.
- Analyze need: assess current situation (image, merchandising, testers, printed material, visuals, collateral, training of staff, sales results and stock situation including competition, etc.
- Must be able to discuss with consultant their performance from previous month to include goals achieved, special events results, etc.
- Take Action: take immediate action on all points raised during the visit (address tester requirements, send uniforms, re-merchandise, provide consultant with any other visual merchandising element that might be missing or replace if in bad condition).
- Create Action Plan for long term issues; plan training, identify promotional opportunities based on sku ranking per door, schedule repairs, etc.
If you or anyone you know maybe a good fit for this role, please apply and we will be in touch with you soon!