Our client, a diversified industrial group with a strong corporate culture has an opportunity for an experienced Refrigeration Mechanic to be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, overhaul and installing mechanical and electrical machinery such as VFDs, compressors, chillers, AHU’s and commercial refrigerators and cooling units. This position is a unionized position working in a secure facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will test, verify and adjust equipment and associated HVAC, heating/cooling system components. You will inspect for and verify performance against manufacturers recommended performance criteria and standard.
What you will receive:
- Attractive wage
- Strong benefits package
- Growth opportunities
- Employment with a stable, reputable employer
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain, repair and install various metal works and a variety of compressors supporting the refrigeration systems.
- Investigate/troubleshoot equipment, systems and material failure and make recommendations on preventative or corrective measures to be taken.
- Provide advice on installations and fixture upgrades, and take ownership of the refrigeration equipment on site.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and assist in the implementation of a preventative maintenance program for our physical facility.
- May be required to respond to overtime emergency calls and must be able to work in a three shift rotation if required
Requirements for the role:
- BC Refrigeration Mechanic certification or Red Seal IP certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and programming of VFD, DDC, DCS and/or PLC control systems
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices and applicable regulations in Facility Management in accordance with Work Safe Regulations
- Security clearance is required for this position.
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume! (Cover letters not required)
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality are part of our core values.
We at TPD thank you for your interest.