Our client, a diversified industrial group with a strong corporate culture, is seeking a Millwright to join their team. This position will troubleshoot, maintain, repair, overhaul and install mechanical and electrical machinery such as circulating water pumps, electronic motors, fans, overhead doors, rapid roll doors, electric bi-parting doors, electric and hydraulic gates and electric security barriers. You will work on mechanical and electrical components of these systems and will complete various tasks to upgrade and replace systems and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Within this fast-paced and exciting role, your responsibilities as a Millwright will include:
- Maintain, repair, overhaul and install mechanical systems: baggage handling systems including belt conveyors, carousels, race-tracks, overhead doors, rapid roll doors, electric bi-parting doors, electric and hydraulic gates, and electric security barriers. Systems are located throughout the facilities and at or above/below ground in many cases and include the necessity of utilizing high reach aid equipment, and performing related duties and projects to ensure safe 24-hour operations at the airport
- Responsible for the hands-on repair, maintenance, rebuild and overhaul, fabrication, and installation of industrial machinery and building systems and equipment including baggage conveyance systems, passenger loading bridges, mechanical door systems and other building mechanical systems
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing mechanical equipment operation and for the detection and prevention of failure as well as identifying practical solutions.
- Accountable and responsible for baggage jams, contingency process management and system monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of the baggage handling area Assists and works with other maintenance team workers and personnel to complete assigned duties in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment.
- Liable for monitoring and assessing mechanical equipment operation and for the detection and prevention of premature failure as well as troubleshooting and identifying practical solutions
- Assists and works with other maintenance team workers and personnel to complete assigned duties in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment. .
- You will investigate/troubleshoot equipment, system faults and material failure and make recommendations on preventative or corrective measures to be taken.
- You will provide advice on installations and fixture upgrades, and take ownership of the refrigeration and HVAC related equipment on site.
- You will read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and assist in the implementation of a preventative maintenance program for our physical facility.
- You may be required to respond to overtime emergency calls/weekends and must be able to work in a three shift rotation if required.
Requirements for the role include:
- 5+ Years of previous experience
- BC Millwright trade certification or Red Seal IP certification in relevant trade
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision and be collaborative in dealing with fellow employees.
- Previous experience with a CMMS
- Ability to meet government security clearance
What you will get from this exciting opportunity:
- Very competitive salary
- Strong benefits package
- Opportunities for growth within the organization
- Excellent training program
If you consider yourself to be an energetic "go-getter" who enjoys a fast paced environment, then we would like to hear from you! There is ample room for career growth with the organization.
Interviews are taking place immediately - so send us your resume today! (cover letters are not required)
We thank you for your interest.