TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Western Canada who is in search for an entry level Office Administrator. Working at the Head office, the Office Administrator supports the work of the Securiguard Team and assists, when schedule and workload permit, various Departments within the organization.
The Office Administrator is the Brand Ambassador for our organization, the first point of contact via phone or front desk to potential customers, clients, the public and all Securiguard Staff.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
YOU WILL BE DOING
- Answers telephone and relays calls and messages
- Greets visitors, inquires the nature of their business and directs them to appropriate person(s)
- Schedules and confirms appointments and meetings as requested
- Books and coordinates New Hire Orientation in Training/Boardrooms; update Winteam compliance
- Opens and distribute general company mail and other material, and coordinates the flow of information within the company
- Prepares, edits and proofreads correspondence, invoices and related material as requested
- Administers the Employment Equity Program for the organization
- Schedules all deliveries/shipments to Branches and sites as directed by the operational departments
- Administrative support for the BST Training program
- Responsible for follow up and administrative support for the Employee Licensing requirements
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Managing the dormant employee process and flagging employees that are not active to the Operations and People & Culture Team. This includes sending out dormant warning letters and dormant letters on a monthly basis and ensuring proper documentation of all correspondence sent out or received
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists the People & Culture team with employee uniforming, new hire paperwork, recruitment, career fair support
- Performs any other duties related to the position of the Office administrator as assigned by the Manager, People & Culture.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum high school graduation.
- Completion of a post secondary program for Office Administrative is an asset
- 1-2 years of experience in reception and/or customer service experience would be considered an asset
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control,