Securiguard is an industry leading security solutions company based in Edmonton, AB. We are currently in search for accountable and eager Operations Coordinator based in the City of Edmonton office (City Hall)! The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day operations, scheduling and administration of the COE (City of Edmonton) Operations.
This position schedules, coaches and guides the Securiguard employees at City of Edmonton (COE) sites to ensure the best in operational performance, and achieves the highest level of performance and efficiency. Ensures all operational information is channeled appropriately and effectively to our employees to ensure appropriate service delivery to clients.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Ongoing review of COE Operations schedules to ensure proper allocations of resources based on current operational data, and business requirements.
- Establishes the training program for all COE positions/Sites and Field Support and ensures that training is kept up, and measured via existing QAA reviews
- Participates in the planning, establishment and delivery on new Site Start-ups within the COE Operations, and/or site closures, and co-ordinates deployment of the necessary resources
- Attends the daily and weekly meeting with the Operations Manager, COE to ensure Key performance Measures are being kept
- Collaborates with the Billing, and Payroll Departments to answer any inquiries, related to billing and/or payroll
- Prioritizing request and resources as required, depending on the needs of the business
- Ensuring all checklists, shift reports, pass-ons, statistics reports and responsibilities are being fulfilled
- Report on any significant issues, and act as the point person during difficult situations on site
- Process vacations requests with the established procedures once signed off by the Operations Manager
- Participate in onsite training to ensure understanding of the different environments that the officers work in
- Assist with recruiting by participating with career fairs, assisting with uniforming during high volume times, review of new employee paperwork
- Initiates orders supplies, photocopies, documents as COE sites require
- Takes minutes at COE meetings.
- Schedules education (certification) classes for employees as required and coordinates all logistics (food, room booking, training documents, scheduling and back filling employees)
- Prepares spreadsheets. Explains benefit plans and enrolls employees. Assists employees in filling out forms (e.g., Workers Compensation, LOA, disability forms).
- Maintains current site staffing lists.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- University Degree and/or College Diploma or certificate in Personnel Management, Business Management or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an operational setting combined with or in addition to working in the security industry or related field.
- Strong communicator with assertive interpersonal skills and team player are critical to success.
- Fluent in computer based operating systems (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!