Our client, a highly established and growing international company in the food manufacturing industry, has a rare opening for a Research & Development (R&D) Project Manager to join their dynamic and expanding team.
R&D Project Managers oversee a number of projects going on at any time with dedicated, blue chip customers. The position will be working closely within the plant, seeing each project from start to finish.
If you are seeking an opportunity to grow in your career and challenge yourself, apply today!
The R&D Project Manager contributes actively to feeding the funnel of innovation by introducing innovative ideas and concepts to all phases of production. This includes conducting lab experiments, creating prototypes, managing product trials, and supporting manufacturing in the ramp-up to full production. This role requires a collaborative leadership style that embraces teamwork, the sharing of ideas, and the engagement of a workforce to deliver results. Your success is measured by the success of the teams you work with, the company you work within, and the business partners you serve.
The R&D Project Manager maintains strong relationships and effective partnerships with internal functions and external relationships with partners.
As the R&D Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Optimization of new and existing production processes including developing and implementing testing plans to identify critical quality points for various product types.
- Development of process flow diagrams to outline current and new processes.
- Equipment validation, assessment, supplier screening, purchase recommendation, scale-up, and optimization.
- In collaboration with Finance, development of project justifications, ROI analysis, and proper project/capital requests consistent with company policy.
- Assisting Manufacturing in preparing standard operating conditions with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel. Also supports lean initiatives in the plant on the equipment side (SMED, 5S, Kaizen, etc.).
To be considered you will need:
- Post-secondary degree in Food Science, Food Technology or a related discipline (BSC or equivalent).
- Experience in product and packaging project management with a demonstrable track record and progressive supervisory experience.
- Experience in food product development.
- Experience working on consumer brands in the food industry, new product and packaging development.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian and USA Food & Drug Act and Regulations, labelling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations and organic requirements.
- Previous experience with R&D Genesis software.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills (with a pro-active mindset).
- Ability to team build, to coach and teach others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Good multi-tasking, prioritizing, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Tenacity, attention to detail, and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong drive for results.
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive compensation ($90K to $110K overall)
- Extended benefits
- Ample room for career progression
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
- and more!
Interviews are currently being conducted. Don't hesitate to apply today! Cover letters not required.
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality are part of TPD's core values.