Our client, a well-established natural resource enterprise has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join their Finance team in Peace River, Alberta.
Amazing company culture, career growth, and a fun workplace. Wonderful small community living and outdoor activity unlimited. Relocation assistance is available for this stellar opportunity!
Reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing proactive financial and operational analyses for the manufacturing divisions to support effective business decisions to optimize investment returns. It also plays an essential role in the development of all financial plans (eg. monthly Forecasts, annual Budget), capital investment justifications and other management analyses as required. for the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assisting with month end accounting close and reporting requirements
- Financial analysis support for all manufacturing departments
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports for month-end, monthly forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Prepare various journal entries for both day-to-day and month-end transactions.
- Provide variance analyses for monthly results (eg. compared to monthly prior year actuals, forecasts and budgets)
- Preparing financial management information while adhering to corporate policies & practices and IFRS/GAAP principles
- Assist Accounting team as required to resolve accounting issues
- Providing analytical support to identify cost saving opportunities, strategic plans and capital project justifications
- Develop financial models to support the decision-making process
- Assist with working capital management
- Assist with fixed asset management
- Assist with the internal and external audits
- Provide financial trending, comparative analysis and presentations as required
- Provide proactive solutions to management by analyzing and interpreting financial information
- Maintain and reconcile various general ledger accounts as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, proactive, and passionate team player.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 and MS Excel (experience using Pivot Tables), PowerPoint and demonstrated use and understanding of ERP systems.
- Strong leadership skills, communication, and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills to convey analytical findings that lead to a recommendation to management.
- Quick learner with working knowledge of manufacturing cost structure and processes.
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related field.
- CPA or close to qualifying for accounting designation is desired.
- 4 to 6+ years accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing industry.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Professional development
- Relocation Assistance
Please forward your resume. No cover letter is required.