Our client, a diversified infrastructure network and facilities maintenance group with a strong corporate culture and many Fortune 500 clients, currently has an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to join their growing team.This position will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the physical HVAC, Refrigeration and BMCS equipment on site. You lead a team and investigate and resolve complex problems related to the HVAC, Refrigeration, and BMCS systems and site mechanical systems. You will be responsible to supervise, plan, coordinate and administrate all job specific tasks and projects related to HVAC and Mechanical maintenance tasks. You will work primarily out of a large high security site in Surrey as well as providing technical expertise to other sites. The role is part of a Supervisory Team that covers for each other and works together to achieve a positive safe working environment while meeting all contractual KPI’s.
You will supervise a team of maintenance staff ensuring planned preventative maintenance, reactive assignments and project works are completed meeting project agreement standards and timeframe requirements., In addition, you will investigate, resolve and implement the safe and efficient operation of the physical, mechanical, HVAC/refrigeration on site. You will perform field observations and audits of building components, maintain an inventory of parts and consumable supplies. You will oversee reactive and preventative maintenance tasks, this will include covering other areas while on shift (electrical, waste, grounds and gardens).
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will help and support the creation of maintenance reports, stats, quality control and adapt work methods to address problems; estimate and requisition materials and prepare project records and reports. You will coordinate projects within an operational secure and healthcare environment and manage space management activities required by the client.
Within this fast-paced and exciting role, your responsibilities as a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will include:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and recording the work of a team of Red Seal Refrigeration Mechanics, mechanical and architectural related trades
- Oversee the Halocarbon reporting requirements for the site. Lead Training and ownership of all Refrigeration training and maintenance.
- Update operational procedures to maintain system efficiency and to reflect changes in codes and regulations.
- Prepare routine and special system operation reports for customers and management.
- Oversee trouble calls and develop appropriate action to be taken.
- Hold training sessions in plant safety, equipment maintenance and operational procedures.
- Provide input relating to employee performance and recommends career development.
- Respond to environment/comfort complaints, as required. Oversees the IAQ Program and reporting.
- Oversee shift tours, log readings and variations to building operational sequences.
- Oversee start up/shut down of major building equipment.
- Oversee all refrigeration equipment and systems, HVAC systems and the controls for the BMCS.
- To interpret operating instructions and write reports, demonstrate knowledge and expertise of electrical, carpentry, mechanical, building envelop and grounds maintenance and repairs.
- Supervise and lead a crew of maintenance employees whose major responsibility is to provide facility users with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient building in which to operate following KPI’s in place.
- You will work closely with Operations and Maintenance Supervisors to set priorities on a daily and weekly basis and will ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the Refrigeration Code and OHS regulations
- You will identify, develop, and implement HVAC preventative maintenance plans for the department.
- You will also examine buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance, order materials as needed and make recommendations, ensure all appropriate maintenance employees are trained and able to perform their duties safely and supervise a maintenance work order system to efficiently track work orders, conduct preventative maintenance schedules, and track/optimize equipment reliability.
Requirements for the role include:
- 5+ years of experience as a Supervisor in a maintenance environment
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering Ticket
- Strong HVAC and Refrigeration Chiller experience
- Personable with strong communication skills
- Knowledge of WHIMIS and applicable regulations in Facility Management
- Ability to meet government security clearance
What you will get from this exciting opportunity:
- Very competitive salary
- Strong benefits package
- Opportunities for growth within the organization
- Excellent training program
If you consider yourself to be an energetic "go-getter" who enjoys a fast paced environment, then we would like to hear from you! There is ample room for career growth with the organization.
Interviews are taking place immediately - so send us your resume today! (cover letters are not required)
We thank you for your interest.