Our Client, One of Edmonton’s most exciting software development companies is looking to hire multiple software developers for their Edmonton, Alberta office. They will work with Microsoft stack development projects using the latest tools and will build products that have a direct impact on companies around the world.
The perfect software developers/testers will have three to five years’ software development experience including two years of experience integrating CRM's, Line-of-Business applications and email/collaboration systems.
Software Development (70%)
- Software code initialization
- Maintenance of current programs and making modifications as required
- Identification and communication of technical problems, processes, and solutions
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
Software Testing (30%)
- Develop and document software testing plans
- Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests
University bachelor’s degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science
Experience and Competence Requirements
- Three to five years of experience in software development with Microsoft C# and/or ASP.NET applications in a Microsoft stack environment including 2 years of experience in software development and testing.
- Strong MS Web services, XML and XSLT experience
- Experience developing, consuming and testing WCF and REST web services
- Experience with software developing and testing using Agile development environment, Test Driven, Acceptance Test Driven and unit test
- Strong web service to web service data transformation skills
- Proficient in oral and written English-language communication skills. For non-native English speakers, a minimum English Competent user on the IELTS test or equivalent test
- Ability to work effectively with other team members and staff members
- The ability to work independently, bring a quick resolution to problems and propose innovative solutions is a requirement
Beneficial (not compulsory)
Experience creating email plug-ins for Gmail, Outlook, Mac, OWA, IBM, Notes, Citrix, iPad, iPhone, Android would be an asset