Our client, a leader in the financial service industry, is currently looking to hire a Manager, Insurance Services to join their rapidly growing team. The Manager will provide leadership and direction to staff within the insurance branch. This role focuses on financial growth and maintenance of existing personal insurance business; ensures sales targets are met; oversees the renewal of expiring branch policies; maintains control over all accounting and collection activities; and promotes insurance services and products with external clients, along with relationship building and community involvement.
As a Manager, Insurance Services, you will be responsible for:
- Sales and Service Strategy: Ensures branch strategies, business plans and operations are aligned with the strategic direction and critical success factors; ensures sales, business partner referrals, business development and financial success targets are met; and contributes to sound fiscal management through continual monitoring and control of branch expenses.
- Leadership: Provides leadership and direction insurance staff and conducts orientation and training; prioritizes and balances workloads, conducts regular coaching/mentoring sessions and completes performance reviews; builds and promotes a team environment; ensures all licensing levels are maintained and consults with the regional sales leader on issues affecting pay, performance and employee development, as required.
- Business Development: Regularly liaises with Regional Sales Leader to ensure all marketing initiatives align with and support strategic goals and current sales and service initiatives; establishes and maintains contact with other managers to promote business relationships and cross-selling opportunities; promotes the building of long-term client relationships; and participates in regular insurance managers meetings.
- Claim Management: Keeps abreast of claims related to loss or damage by providing ongoing client support throughout the claims procedure and where appropriate, conducts on-site visits to ensure client is receiving optimum service; relays claims proceeding in an unsatisfactory manner to centralized claims; oversees the efficient and timely servicing of expiring policies to ensure continuing client coverage; schedules pre-renewal site visits with clients, as required; oversees the marketing and renewal process including abeyance expiry dates for follow up.
- Financial Management: Controls all accounting functions and collection of premiums for business within the personal lines account, monitors aged accounts receivables to ensure tight financial controls are in place; oversees collection of delinquent accounts by initiating collection activity or providing advice to team members on required actions; monitors status of delinquencies, referring to insurance administration where collection attempts are unsuccessful.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies continuous improvement opportunities, providing input in the design of new administrative procedures, technology applications and other processes impacting the branch and trade area's operation.
To be successful, you will have:
- 5+ Years of experience in sales and promotion of insurance products
- Proven Supervisory experience
- Level 3 License Required
- College or Tech School Diploma would be considered an asset
- Technologically adept with Microsoft Office Suite & ICBC Software
- Self-starter mentality
Join the team and benefit from:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Benefits after 3 months
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP matching
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Be part of an innovative team
If you are an experienced Insurance professional, who is looking to join a great company, apply today and change your life.
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume! (Cover letters not required)
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality is one of our core values.
We at TPD thank you for your interest.