The award-winning BC Place is currently in search for a Senior Manager, Safety & Security to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Senior Manager, Safety & Security holds day-to-day responsibility for building and event security matters to ensure the security and safety of guests, employees, and stadium properties and assets. This position is also responsible for the development, implementation, management and communication of policies and procedures related to all aspects of event and building security.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
BC Place is the largest sports, exhibition and entertainment venue of its kind in British Columbia, hosting world-class entertainment events, professional and amateur sport, community gatherings and exhibitions in its stunning downtown location in Vancouver, British Columbia. BC Place is the home of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the BC Lions Football Club, the Canada Sevens and the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
Our team of 600+ employees is proud to have been instrumental in hosting some of the most memorable events in Canada, including:
- The Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- The FIFA Women's World Cup
- Multiple CFL Grey Cup Championships
- The 2014 NHL Heritage Classic
- Canada’s Men’s and Women’s National Soccer Team matches
- The Canada Sevens, part of the World Rugby Sevens Series
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League soccer (MLS) and the BC Lions Football Club of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
- Sold out concerts for Taylor Swift, AC/DC, Madonna, The Rolling Stones, and many more
It takes great people to host BC’s biggest and brightest events. We provide our team with industry-leading Service Excellence and Game Day Training to enable them to shine. At BC Place, you get to be part of a team that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment and takes true ownership in delivering exceptional, memorable experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develops, establishes, and maintains safety and security policies and procedures for BC Place during and outside events.
- Seeks input into development of safety policies and procedures to support a reduced risk environment, and pro-actively identifies security related issues and proposes solutions to management.
- Partners with the Events department to execute crowd management plans.
- Provides leadership, direction, and day-to-day management to a team of full-time Building Security and First Aid Staff as well as a large population of Event staff.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all emergency-related policy and procedures (fire, medical, earthquake, bomb threat, etc.).
- Develops, delivers, maintains, and monitors security controls to align with best practices, policies, and standards of security-related systems (CCTV, radio, key lock system, fire panel, etc.).
- Reviews security reports, responding to critical incidents, and notifying appropriate BC Place Team members.
- Works with the Event Managers and clients in developing security plans for individual events.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with law enforcement agencies including Vancouver Police to ensure adequate policing and security inside and outside the facility adjusting to scope and type of event.
- Conducts site inspections prior and during events to monitor risk and adherence of policies and procedures.
- Oversees the Stadium 7/24 Control Room logistics, policies, and protocols, as well as liaises with the Engineering department as appropriate.
- Administers the Collective Agreement and BC Place policies and procedures pertaining to the work groups being supervised.
- Manages annual operating budget for Safety and Security.
- Provides and assigns access, makes changes to existing access control levels, overseas ID card security levels.
- Issues and tracks all building/office keys including keys issued to employees, contractors, and all other external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Completion of post-secondary education and training in Security, Law Enforcement, or Building Operations, or equivalent combination of training, knowledge, and experience.
- Valid Security Worker License.
- 5-7 years of Experience in managing security in a large facility as well as event security and crowd control.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience working in or supervising in a unionized work environment is preferred.
- Experience supervising or working with an Occupational Health and Safety Committee an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with health and safety regulations including WorkSafe BC.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application